Thursday, January 29, 2009

My favorite video right now


So today in my INST 334 class (where I learn how to teach ESL students) my professor showed us this video. After viewing it, she asked us what we thought was the reason she showed us the video. After answers of "to supply a different type of media" and "because it's always fun to watch people dance," one girl spoke up and said

"you showed us this video so that we may show it to others. It portrays the fact that although language barriers do exist, we make it more of a big deal than it should be and that we are all on this earth together, and we're not as different as we think."

Deep, I know.

Well, the reason I am sharing it with you is because I think this video is amazing. The guy's name is Matt Harding and he travels the world to prove that everyone's not so different. There's no way he knows all those native languages from all those places, yet people still join him and dance with him. It's really phenomenal.

I get goosebumps every time I watch it. And I may or may not have teared up in class today.
AHEM. Aaaaanyways. I just wanted to share this with you!

No comments: