Monday, January 26, 2009

Contemplating at Work

So I've been at work today for four and a half hours and I am so relaxed it's making me uneasy. I have been working at the health center on campus for almost two years now, since my second semester freshman year. I love the people I work with, I love babysitting my boss' 7-month-old, and I love having a paycheck (cause not everyone in this country can say the same). However, the monotony of school/work is starting to get to me.

My relaxation is comfort. Knowing what I'm supposed to be doing and getting my work done. I switched positions here last May, but now I've got my new job figured out, too.

I think this complacence is the reason why I decided to go into teaching. Everyday will be different for me. My students will have mood swings, the lesson plans differ from day to day, and my classroom will be my canvas for learning.

I'm excited for this next step in my life. I get my own classroom in less than a year, and man, am I pumped. Office work is fine for now, but I can't wait to not be relaxed at work, to not know what to expect, and to have a passion-filled existence. Cannot wait.

No comments: