Thursday, January 29, 2009

Must Must Must!

There are a few things that I want to accomplish this year, but there is an even longer list of things I must accomplish this year. It's already February almost. Where did January go?? Yeesh.

Want:
1. Finish my scrapbook
2. Babysit more
3. Clean out boxes of old schoolwork
4. Go home more during the semester
5. Make more time for the roommate
6. Make more time for myself
7. Take more pictures

Must:
1. Find a church where I am comfortable so I can stop hopping around
2. Quit chewing on my nails when I'm nervous
3. Quit eating campus food! (too expensive!)
4. Get more sleep
5. Call my mom everyday
6. Get my children's books organized
7. Stop to notice the beauty around me

The last one really rings true for me. This past spring break, I had the amazing opportunity to spend 10 days in western Europe and I feel as though we rush rush rushed everywhere, so I didn't get the chance to enjoy all that was around me. I feel as though that's how my life is. I work, go to school, am involved in student organizations, hang out with my friends, and sleep. I never really get to savor my life and my surroundings.

That's why this is my New Year's Resolution: to stop and smell the roses. 

As said so pertinently by one Matthew Broderick in Ferris Beuller's Day Off - "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

But, looking back, I have had some amazing experiences and met some amaaazing people :)
Me and Stephanie Lynn, the love of my life, in NYC.
Research Park :)
Belaying at Cho-Yeh
A coffee house buried deep in a courtyard in Krakow, Poland

Skiing with FPCK youth group

This is only the beginning...


No comments: