I have been thinking a lot lately. About things I can and cannot change.
I think it's weird that I basically have zero control over who I meet, who I love, where I love, and when I love. This year is my last year as a college student. In less than a year, I will be graduated and figuring out the rest of my life. This is insane to me.
(view from Eiffel Tower overlooking Bellagio)
In case you don't know, I am studying to be a middle school teacher (English/History) and plan on eventually getting my masters in speech pathology so I can help students fix impediments and feel confident while speaking and talking. I want to do this because when I was little, I had a lisp and I stuttered. Obviously, I do not have these problems anymore, but it took a lot of extensive training to rid myself of them (Thanks, Mom!).
(Aggie Ring Day balloons)
Anyways, back to the issue at hand. Where will I end up? When will I end up there? I loooove Houston dearly, but have always wanted to explore the world. When I studied abroad last year, I fell in love with Krakow, Poland. Will I ever be able to go back there?
However, it helps me to know that I have control over some things in my life. I get to control how much time I spend worrying versus how much time I get to spend learning and experiencing. This makes me excited because, you know what? It doesn't matter where I end up...it just matters how I get there, and how I feel once I'm there. Maybe a person never knows exactly when he or she has "ended up" somewhere, but isn't that half the fun?
(View of the student section of Kyle Field. Whoop!)
Jeez. I have never written so much on here before, I don't think. I'm starting several new chapters in my life and I'm so excited to be experiencing them.
(Lake Bryan bridge)
Big changes are on the horizon. I may not be ready, but I think I am okay with them coming.
Side note: While I was writing this post, my iTunes was on shuffle and Miley Cyrus' "The Climb" was playing. Appropriate? I think so :)

1 comment:
Carrie- i love reading your blog. it's nice getting a little glimpse into your thoughts, and you're very eloquent. keeeep writingggg
-Carrie G.
Post a Comment