
(picture of George Bush Presidential Library on campus)
I am so thankful for today. So many things are good, and I feel incredibly blessed.
I have been feeling down and lost for a little while now, and I feel as though today is just what I needed to release myself from this funk.
First, I got to sleep in a little bit today (until 9:30...HUGE deal for me). Then, when I got to work, I found out it was "free pastry day" as Starbucks. Now, I don't like coffee, but I am willing to buy some Passion Tea in order to get a free pumpkin loaf :)
After enjoying the yummies, I got the opportunity to connect with my new boss. He is a new graduate from A&M and, honestly, I was nervous before he started because he is only a year older than me and I didn't want him to be on a power trip. Well, turns out I was worrying about nothing because he is so great. It was awesome being able to help him and talk to him about things that only us youngins understand.
My roommate then called me and told me that there was an entertainment unit on sale on craigslist.com that would be perfect for our apartment for next year. I got so excited because we move a week from today and I can't wait!
Now, here's the best part:
My old friend Katie was able to hang out with me today and come with me to pick up the stand. Then we headed to Potbelly Sandwich Works (even though it's not 'true' to College Station, it was still delicious and hit the spot). We talked and talked and she is such a great listener! (Seriously, Katie, you are wonderful). We caught up with each other, talked about our old friends, and it was so easy to talk with her. Gah.
As for right now, I am packing and cleaning and doing random organizational feats. And, seriously, who doesn't love doing that?? I'm so ready for the change of scenery - it's very welcome.
I hope you are having a good day, as well!! :)

1 comment:
giiiirl i love you!! i'm so glad we got to hang out :) my kitchen is just waiting for the perfect pie!!
Post a Comment